The Green Party NI will:
- Oppose cuts to frontline health services and increase investment in mental health services.
- End academic selection and ensure that all children have access to integrated education.
- Ensure a greater focus on tackling domestic and sexual violence and abuse in the justice system.
- Commit to long-term strategic investment for artists and the arts sector.
- Deliver a Northern Ireland Bill of Rights and continue to fight inequalities based on gender, sexuality, ethnicity and class.
- Increase transparency around donations to political parties.
- Introduce a properly calculated living wage, support the reintroduction of the Universal Credit uplift, and roll out a four-day week for public sector workers.
- Invest in renewable electricity and ban all forms of fossil fuel extraction.
- Introduce rent controls and strengthen renters’ rights against rogue landlords.
- Expand public transport and invest in cycling infrastructure.
- Establish an independent Environmental Protection Agency.
- Move towards a more sustainable model of food production that gets the balance right between food, climate and nature.
- Prohibit the hunting of wild mammals with dogs.