Personal Assistant for Rachel Woods MLA
Job title: Personal Assistant
Term: Part-Time Permanent – 22.5 hours per week, fixed.
Salary: £30,282 pro rata. (Grade 2)
Reports to: Rachel Woods MLA
Job Location: 12 Hamilton Road, Bangor, BT20 4LE, and Parliament Buildings, Stormont.*
- Managing and triaging a busy email inbox.
- Responding to enquiries and drafting official correspondence (formal letters, emails, telephone enquiries).
- Maintaining the MLA’s diary to a high standard and scheduling meetings, virtually and in person, delegating tasks to others as appropriate.
- Providing secretarial support, attending meetings and taking minutes as and when required by MLA.
- Managing finance and administration of constituency office and MLA expenses.
- Filing and organising paperwork and digital documents.
- General administrative and organisational support (typing, phone calls, distributing mail, photocopying, etc.)
- Other duties as required in support of the MLA.
- Minimum of five GCSEs A*-C, including English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in administrative, secretarial or PA role.
- Proven ability to use a variety of IT equipment and software packages, including: Microsoft Office suite and Outlook, as well as online communication platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and confidence interacting with people at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail, especially in written communications.
- Highly motivated and ability to develop and improve office procedures.
- Good with people and a team player.
- Ability to take the initiative, prioritise a demanding workload, and be flexible to support the MLA as and when required.
- Keen interest and awareness of politics in Northern Ireland.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Green Party NI.
- Good knowledge of the North Down constituency.
- Professionally trained in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Teams.
To apply, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria along with your up-to-date CV to Rachel Woods at email@example.com
The deadline for applications is noon on Friday 30th April.
NB if there is a high level of applications, desirable criteria may be used to shortlist for interviews.
Requests for feedback will be honoured. All information will be held in compliance with GDPR and only for the purposes of this recruitment exercise. All personal data will be removed and destroyed after the position has been filled.
*Please note, there may be a requirement to work from home.