Join the team! – Digital and Social Media Officer opportunity
Job opportunity for a skilled and creative individual to join the our Assembly team.
Read below for further details and full job specification.
Digital & Social Media Officer
Pay and Conditions of Employment
Reports to: Assembly Director of Communications
Primary place of work: Parliament Buildings, Stormont
Part Time: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £11,000 – £12,500p.a. (plus 5% pension contribution)
Duration: Permanent (after successful completion of 6 month probationary period)
As the Digital and Social Media Officer, you will assist Green Party MLAs in all design aspects of social media and digital content. This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative individual to enhance and develop their skills in a busy political environment.
- Design all aspects of social media and digital content for Green Party MLAs;
- Manage work from design concept phase, to production and evaluation;
- Design literature, website and social media imagery for MLAs;
- Contribute to MLAs’ social media strategy and implementation;
- Produce video content for online communications;
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns;
- Maintain MLAs’ website content;
- Ensure all photography is stored online in an organised format;
- Play an active role in team meetings;
- Assist with other communication functions as requested;
- Keep up to date with digital marketing trends and development;
- Other duties as required.
- Qualified in a design related discipline plus one years’ experience, or;
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite inc. proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio;
- Proven experience in copywriting high quality content on wide range of topics;
- Proven track record of excellent attention to detail;
- Experience and expertise in the use of main social networks;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Prepared to work unsociable hours as and when required.
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 23:59 on 18th April 2017.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 27th April, with commencement of the post starting as soon as possible thereafter.Clare Bailey, Steven Agnew